Author Topic: Potential addition of "Coefficient of Variation" and "Condition Factor"  (Read 1855 times)

kenp

• registered member
    • View Profile
NIFC and WDFW would like to add these two fields that give a glimpse of fish fitness and size distribution to a release group.  Please review attached file

micki

• registered member
    • View Profile
I am curious about the purpose of this proposed addition--
Although I find CV and K factors helpful when looking at a series of releases from a particular program, I usually used it as a flag triggering a closer look at changes in rearing procedures or disease that the change could be attributed to.  I am just wondering how and whether the additional fields would be used by the broader scope of release data users.  Although it may be an advantage to have an additional means of flagging a particular release that could be compromised, I am not sure that CV's and K factors are specific enough to provide this information.

There is already a Study Integrity field to flag potential issues, although I feel the field is underutilized by most agencies.  Perhaps there should be additional flags or more consistency in its use.

I look forward to hearing others thoughts though.......